What's this then?
What's this crap then? More political nonsense?
Well no, at least I hope not. I'm just a typical, completely ordinary, middle aged bloke who has reached the point that I am so fed up with what passes for politics and choice in this Country that I've created a blog to vent my anger, and perhaps share some views on what I believe needs to be done to begin to put things right.
Why are your opinions valid over mine?
The simple answer, of course, is that my opinions are just that, opinions, and my views are my own as well. They are no more or less valid than anyone else's views or opinions.
I do though perhaps have a better view of things than some. Though I have been a photographer for the last decade or so, prior to that I was a Civil Servant for some 20 years. I advised the UK and allied Governments on matters relating to flight control, air vehicle performance, simulation and modelling. I was a UK subject matter expert and as well as providing advice, I represented the UK on a number of committees and research groups. As such, I have had a direct view of how our Government works, both under Labour and Tory Governments, I have known and worked with a number of politicians from all Parties and seen for myself how the Whitehall apparatus works.
This blog and a video blog on youtube, will cover thoughts on current political issues, personalities, my views on wider issues and some ideas on how things might be different.
I don't expect anyone to agree with anything I say, but some people might agree with some things whilst disagreeing with others. This is one of the immediate problems we have in the UK, things have become too rigidly based around an adversarial system with two main parties holding opposing ideologies.
People in the main choose to support one or the other of these Parties and frequently then never change their support, even where the Party that they support is performing badly, or does something they don't agree with. People also frequently support a Party simply because their Parents support that Party, then support that Party for life. Too few people genuinely consider what is best for the Country at any particular time, but instead support one Party against the other regardless.
We are then left with a relatively small portion of the electorate whose support wavers, whom decide the results of Elections.
Currently I don't support any of the Parties, I support some policies from some Parties, but all have flaws or problems such that none deserve my full support.
In the past I have supported and voted for both Conservative and Labour candidates, along with Independents and smaller Parties, depending on a mix of local or National issues and personality.
I have never voted simply because that's the Party I've always supported.
My first few posts after this introduction will look at the current issues of the Conservative Party/Government, the Energy Crisis and Cost of Living Crisis.
Comments
Post a Comment
Though politics can be something that generates passion, disagreement and controversy, I expect any comments to be civil and free of hate. Any comments that are abusive in any way, to anyone, will be refused and offenders may be banned.